As I have written on several occasions about me, I love programming. You can find the software I have written on this blog. Just made a link to a program called CopyFat with its installer and source code. I will mention here the projects I have done in the past and will eventually post them with Source Code and Installers.
- LECIDE – Learners/Experts Configurable Integrated Development Environment
- With LECIDE I intended to make something like Eclipse IDE much before it showed up. Obviously my effort was much juvenile and to be honest, I started by creating a Notepad clone in VB6 and ended up creating a very complex IDE with syntax coloring, instant help tooltips, multiple compiler support, and BLADE – a drag and drop GUI designer for creating C++ dialog resources. Unfortunately, the way the code was written was horrible. If I wanted to do something new with it today, I would rather jump off a building than taking a dive back into its code. However the project was pretty extensive for the time it was built in and can be used to learn a lot. Download the executables and installer here. Download the source code here. Kindly run it in Windows 7 compatibility mode, because certain components don’t work on Vista/Win7.
- CopyFat 2.0 – File copy program
- You can read more about it here. It was one of the most useful utilities I ever wrote. It helped me and my friends on several occassions!
- CyberBrowser – Tabbed IE based browser
- A pretty simple browser with Tabbed browsing capability back in the days when IE was still a single window browser. A good reference for those wanting to learn how to use the WebBrowser control in VB6. Download the source code here.
- Winsock Based FTP client
- While learning socket programming, I implemented my own FTP client. The important thing to note is, I didn’t use any third party components to derive FTP functionalities. The code actually talks to the FTP server by opening ports and opening parallel channels for file downloads etc. Great stuff if you are learning socket programming in VB6! Get the source code right here.